Secretary-general of the Zimbabwe Council of Churches (ZCC), Reverend Kenneth Mtata, has posted a cryptic message on his Twitter handle about the Biblical story of the children of Israel’s 40-year wilderness journey from Egypt to the Promised Land.
Mtata said Israel’s desert experience reinforced a sense of dignity, shared leadership, just laws, the economy of moderation and monotheism. He wrote:
1. Dignity (free from slavery)
2. Succession/ shared leadership (Moses-Miriam to Joshua-Caleb)
3. Just relationships (law)
4. The economy of moderation & equity (equitable daily manna supply)
5. No idols (only God to be worshipped).
- - - Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtime to +263 714 815 229
No extra charges. - - -
Mtata’s remarks come when government officials have, at various forums, compared Zimbabwe’s crises to Israel’s desert experiences.
Government sympathisers and “regime enablers” have compared the so-called “New Dispensation” to the Biblical period when Joshua led the travel-weary Israelites across the Jordan River to take possession of Canaan (The Promised Land).