Marry Chiwenga, the estranged wife of Vice President Constantino Chiwenga is believed to have lied that she wedded the Vice President.
This was revealed in her charge sheet by the Zimbabwe Anti-Corruption Commission which arrested her yesterday over a number of charges including externalisation of funds.
The charge sheet read:
- - - Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtime to +263 714 815 229
No extra charges. - - -
3. During the year 2019 on the date to the prosecutor unknown, the accused misrepresented to Judge President George Mutandwa Chiweshe that herself and the complainant had consented to wed under the Marriage Act, Chapter 5:11 under the marriage licence on the 2nd of July 2019 at their place of residence at number 614 Nick Price Drive, Borrowdale Brooke, Harare. The accused then submitted copies of national identity documents of both parties to the Judge
President George Mutandwa Chiweshe without the knowledge and consent of the complainant.
4. The Judge President then contacted the Acting Chief Magistrate Munamato Mutevedzi to look for a magistrate to solemnize the marriage. The Acting Chief Magistrate Munamato Mutevedzi as the highest-ranking marriage officer in the Judiciary decided to preside over the wedding ceremony and the national identity documents were forwarded to him.
5. The Acting Chief Magistrate Munamato Mutevedzi, upon noticing that the passport size photos and address of the parties were not included, he contacted the Secretary of the Judiciary Service Commission Walter Chikwana who in turn contacted the accused with the request.
6. Later on the requested items were delivered to Walter Chikwana who forwarded them to Munamato Mutevedzi to facilitate the registration for special marriage licence for the complainant and accused. Acting on the misrepresentation, the marriage officer caused the completion of registration forms and the marriage certificates in preparation for the ceremony. When the accused was doing all this, complainant was bedridden and not in a condition to consent to the marriage.
7. After the applications for special marriage licences were made, a Duplicate original register MR No: 0222402 was prepared. On the Duplicate Original Register copy the marriage was between Constantino G.D.N. Chiwenga and Marry Mubaiwa. On the Register it was endorsed or indicated that the marriage was by own consent through the misrepresentation by the accused whilst in actual fact the complainant had not consented.
8. On 22 June 2019, the accused together with complainant proceeded to South Africa where the complainant was to receive emergency medical attention as he was critically ill.