PRESS STATEMENT ON TARGETED SUBSIDIES ON ROLLER MEAL
1. As you may be aware, His Excellency the President, Cde E.D Mnangagwa announced
that subsidies on maize be restored in order to cushion the vulnerable groups of our society from the negative impact of increases in basic food prices.
2. Under this new subsidy model, the Government will fund the procurement of grain at
market prices and selling the same to registered maize millers to ensure availability and affordability of the commodity. This model will create fiscal space for Treasury to finance other social protection programmes.
3. The government will ensure that the requisite monthly tonnage of 40 000MT required for
producing 32 000MT of roller meal will be timely availed by GMB to members of the Grain Millers Association of Zimbabwe (GMAZ).
4. In this regard, the new subsidy model will, therefore, target the production of roller meal
resulting in the retail price of ZWL$50 for a 10 kg bag.
5. The payment modalities for the new targeted subsidy for roller has been discussed
and agreed with GMAZ, whose members have a 95% share of the roller meal market.
6. The implementation of this new subsidy policy is with immediate effect.
Hon. Prof. M. Ncube
Minister of Finance and Economic Development
05 December 2019
You have already submitted your feedback. If you would like to add more feedback please write us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Climate Smart Agriculture in Zimbabwe
- Zwelibanzi Moyo-Williams
- Consolidated Revenue Fund
- Retention Funds in Zimbabwe
- Reserve Money
- Regional Distances
- Liberalised Foreign Exchange Market in Zimbabwe
- Leonard Kwaramba
- Lynett Chirwa
- Expansionary Fiscal Policy in Zimbabwe