Zimbabwean companies especially those that do not export are expected to take a knock this year due to some or all of the following according to the Sunday Mail:
- Decline in demand of products
- Foreign currency shortages
- Shorter production time due to long periods of load shedding.
- Soaring inflation
- Eroded consumer purchasing power
This was said by the Finance Minister in his pre-budget strategy paper when he said:
The situation is being worsened by shortages of foreign currency, electricity and fuel, all constraining industry operations.
- Click link to receive Pindula News on WhatsApp: https://wa.me/263733047055?text=add
However, the economy is expected to turn around next year as the ongoing reform initiatives take form according to the publication.
More: The Sunday Mail