Cabinet has agreed to review minimum wages per month for domestic workers without industrial employment councils.
The review comes at a time when the soaring inflation has eroded the salaries and wages of workers.
Prices of commodities and basic services have been on a continual sharp rise for the past 24 months.
- - - Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtime to +263 714 815 229
No extra charges. - - -
The inflation is attributed to a number of issues including the scarcity of foreign currency, a deficit in fuel, power cuts, collapsed local industry and market distortions.
Workers have been grumbling and or demonstrating in the streets over the erosion of their salaries.
The review is as follows:
- Gardener – ZW$160.00 –
- Housekeeper – ZW$168.48 –
- Childminder – ZW$179.00 –
- Disabled minder [with a Red Cross Certificate or equivalent] – ZW$189.70 –
- Workers in unclassified operations – ZW$338.00
More: Ministry of Information