Zimbabwe Professional Nurses Union is deeply concerned with the recent abduction and disappearance of our Cde and colleague Zimbabwe Hospital Doctors Association President, Dr Peter Magombeyi.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Dr Magombeyi, his family and fellow colleagues. We urge the government to urgently take swift action for his safe release and hold perpetrators of these human rights violations accountable forthwith. In this regard:
1. We call for the immediate and unconditional release of Dr Magombeyi in respect of a habeas corpus order granted by the High Court requiring the state to produce him in the next 48 hours.
- - - Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtime to +263 714 815 229
No extra charges. - - -
2. We reiterate the need for the government to adjust salaries in tandem with prevailing interbank rates.
3. We call the government to respect and promote workers’ rights and fundamental human rights to safeguard its citizenry from archaic and barbaric human rights threats.
4. We as Zimbabwean Nurses are in full solidarity with our counterparts and call our members to fully join in all constitutional activities together with doctors.
You have already submitted your feedback the vote. If you would like to add more feedback please write us on firstname.lastname@example.org.