The University of Zimbabwe (UZ) has asked students to vacate halls of residence from Thursday, 12 September to Sunday 15 September 2019.
According to various reports, the university’s halls of residence are set to accommodate mourners during the late former President Robert Mugabe’s funeral.
A statement issued by the university reads as follows:
- - - Buy NetOne, Telecel Airtime on WhatsApp using EcoCash.
Send the word Airtime to +263 714 815 229
No extra charges. - - -
Notice to all University of Zimbabwe Students and Staff.
The University of Zimbabwe wishes to inform all UZ students that the University shall be on recess from Thursday 12 September to Sunday 15 September 2019, as we join the nation in mourning the passing on of former Head of State and Government, His Excellency, Cde R.G. Mugabe.
Please note that:
- Lectures will end at 1700 hours on Wednesday 11 September and resume on 16th September 2019.
- All Students in University accommodation are expected to have checked out of their residences by 1000 hours on Thursday, 12th September 2019.
- Resident students are expected to back on campus on Sunday, 15th September 2019, starting at 1400 hours.
- However, all Staff are still expected to report for duty.
Any inconvenience caused is sincerely regretted.