Former Bulawayo Deputy Mayor Alderman Elliot Madanke Dube has died, The Chronicle reports. Mr Dube died on Friday and will be buried at Lady Stanley Cemetary today. In his tribute message the Bulawayo Mayor said:
His Worship the Mayor, Councillors of the City of Bulawayo, Town Clerk Mr Christopher Dube, staff members and residents wish to convey our profound grief and sorrow to the Dube family at the death of Alderman Dube on the Friday 30 August 2019.
His death has left a vacuum which the city will not be able to fill for many years to come. He was a gallant son of Bulawayo who played an important role in the development of the city.
Here is a short bio about the late Deputy Mayor as posted by The Chronicle:
- Ald Dube served as a councillor from 1983 to 2000, and held the deputy mayor post between 1993 and 1994.
- Alderman Dube was elected into office in 1983 and served as councillor for the Magwegwe West and Magwegwe North area until the year 2000, serving a total of 17 years in Council. He also served as Deputy Mayor of the City of Bulawayo for the 1993/1994 Municipal year
- Ald Dube was a member of Council in various committees such as the General Purposes Committee, Town Lands and Planning Committee, Health Housing and Amenities and Liquor Committee now known as the Health, Housing and Education Committee
- He also served in various outside bodies such as the St John’s Ambulance Association, Zimbabwe Omnibus Company (ZOC), the Zimbabwe International Trade Fair, Esigodini Ncema Intensive Conversation Area Committee
- He also served in various internal committees such as the Bulawayo 100 Years Celebrations Committee, Matabeleland North Provincial Committee, Association of Union Councils, Bulawayo Twinning Committee, Bulawayo Medical Aid Society Committee of Management, Local Authorities Pension Fund and Bulawayo Municipal Employees Union
Mourners are gathered at number 7321/2 Pumula North Bulawayo.
More: The Chronicle
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.