So with shortages starting to hit our country, bread, flour most probably mealie meal, cooking oil will follow suit, a lot of us are resorting to buying from neighbouring countries. Some of our relatives may want to help us by sending us these groceries, and the quickest easiest way is sending by bus or via umalaitsha, get charged heavily but since there are no other alternatives people have to do it.
A few days ago I learnt about another an online platform that is connecting Zimbabweans in SA and people back home in a convenient way.
What is Malaicha.Com?
Hello Paisa, has launched Malaicha.com. This free app enables the ordering of goods from South Africa, as well as same-day collection and free delivery of the items in Zimbabwe
So Malaicha.Com is a Hello Paisa complimentary platform launched for the purpose of delivering good from South Africa To Zimbabwe.
How Does Malaicha.Com Work?
It’s simple, the user/purchaser places an order through the app and settles the bill. The purchaser’s family then collect their groceries from Malaicha.com stores that very same day In Zimbabwe.
How To Sign Up For Malaicha.Com
- Download the App on Google PlayStore.
- Fill In your name and South African number
- After receiving some confirmation SMS confirm your mobile number
- Enter our address
- Read the terms and conditions.
- Complete registration.
You will have access to all the services offered by Malaicha.Com
How Do I Place A Grocery Order On Malaicha.Com
To Place an order on Malaicha.Com you:
- Pick the groceries you want to buy for your family
- Proceed To Pay and Pay.
- Give the confirmation order to your family who will pick up the groceries in Zimbabwe.
Where do I pay or How Do I Settle My Bill
Once you have received your reference you can pay using any of the following services:
- Standard Bank
- Pick n Pay
Where Will My Relatives Pick Up The Goods?
In Harare – 100 Cameron St, Harare (Opposite Cleveland House)
In Bulawayo -Herbert Chitepho Street, (Between 12th and 13th Street) Bulawayo
Frequently Asked Questions About Malaicha.Com
1. Does The App Work in Zimbabwe?
Unfortunately no. Tell your relatives in SA about it, for now, it doesn’t work
2. Is it available in all major town in South Africa like Capetown, Joburg, Durban, Port Elizabeth etc
Yes, it is, as long as you have your passport, you will be able to download the app and make use of the app.
3. What will I need to go pick up the groceries in Zimbabwe?
Name and surname and the cellphone number you received the message on
4. How many days does it take to deliver