Tourism Minister Priscah Mupfumira was arrested by the Zimbabwe Anti-Corruption Commission yesterday over allegations of corruption and criminal abuse of office during her tenure as Public Service Minister in 2017.
Mupfumira’s Charge sheet shows that she allegedly:
- Siphoned over US$500 000 from Nssa for personal use and,
- Siphoned over US$40 million in ‘illegal’ investments she reportedly directed the State pension manager during her tenure as Public Service Minister.
- Verbally instructed then permanent secretary, Ngoni Masoka, to get a loan advance of US$90 000 for the purchase of her ministerial vehicle (Toyota Land Cruiser ADX-0878), Nssa does not have that provision.
- Accepted another ministerial vehicle from the government, a Range Rover registration ADY-6878.
- Received US$101 814,80 from Nssa’s corporate social responsibility budget and converted the sum to personal use detailed under “advances to parent ministry”.
- Ordered Nssa to inflate its budget to US$350 000 before claiming US$303 520 for personal and political interests in her constituency.
- Directed the advancement of US$62 250 000 worth of Treasury Bills in March 2017 as double cover to struggling MetBank which in turn misappropriated US$37 035 000 of it.
- As a result, another US$4 908 750 was lost to MetBank in June 2017 in an opaque housing scheme as a result of a directive alleged to have come from Mupfumira who demanded that the deal be signed within 48 hours.
- Drawcard (Pvt) Ltd of Gweru also prejudiced Nssa of US$6 500 000 under similar circumstances.
The Nssa report that is said to contain massive details of corrupt activities by senior government officials has not been made public.
More: New Zimbabwe
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.