Celebrated Zimbabwean author Charles Mungoshi has died. Below are nine things you probably did not know about the award winning legendary author:
1. He started writing poems and short stories whilst he was still in primary school
2. He skipped a grade in primary school then known as standard 2
3. He published his first novel in 1970
4. In 1996, he worked as a Resource Person at Groningen Children’s Book Year Workshop in the Netherlands.
5. In 2000 he was a visiting lecturer at the University of Florida in the United States of America where he was also a lecture in the department of African Studies.
6 In 2003, he received an honorary doctorate degree (Doctor of Letters-Dlitt) from the UZ.
7. He was married to Jessie Mungoshi who played Neria alongside Oliver Mtukudzi in the popular drama Neria in the 90s. They have a son called Charles Mungoshi Junior.
8. He has won 5 local and international awards for his work.
9. His last book is titled Branching Streams Flow in the Dark .
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.
Charles Lovemore Mungoshi was a Zimbabwean novelist. He wrote in both English and Shona and is most known for his novels that include Coming of the Dry Season, Waiting for the rain, Makunun'unu Maodzamoyo and Ndiko Kupindana Kwemazuva. He died at 71 on 16 February... Read More About Charles Mungoshi
Neria is one of the most popular films in Zimbabwe which starred the late Oliver Mtukudzi and was written by Tsitsi Dangarembga. It was directed by Godwin Mawuru and the screenplay was written by Louise Riber. Jesesi Mungoshi's performance in the film was considered one... Read More About Neria