The government’s communications department is apparently in a mess when one considers the sometimes contradicting statement issued by various organs.
The communications department is comprised of the minister Monica Mutsvangwa, her deputy Energy Mutodi, permanent secretary Nick Mangwana and Deputy Chief Secretary to the President and cabinet, George Charamba, who doubles as the presidential spokesperson, the report further claims. While there should be an agreement in what the government has to say, recently it has been a cacophony of voices.
A NewZwire report identifies 9 things that the government could do to fix its communication lines:
1. Get a communications strategy.
2. Have an internal communication plan.
3. Shut Energy Mutodi up, if he cannot be fired, or repaired. Nobody takes him seriously, except perhaps for himself and his appointer.
4. Mute the President’s twitter account for a while, at least until he can back up what it says with action.
5. Have a structured social media plan.
6. Communicate government programmes clearly.
7. Deal with ZBC and The Herald.
8. Have a standard font on all government communications.
9. Avoid impulsive responses to issues without checking first.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.
Energy Mutodi is a politician and current Deputy Minister of Information, Publicity & Broadcasting Services. He is also a business person, Rhumba musician and an academic. He rose to prominence in 2012 when he released his debut album Simbi Yamudhara. He was accused of swindling... Read More About Energy Mutodi
George Charamba is the Press Secretary in the Office of the President of Zimbabwe. He is therefore there official spokesperson of the president. He has been in this position since 2000 when he was appointed by President Robert Mugabe Charamba has been a columnist in... Read More About George Charamba
Monica Mutsvangwa is a Zimbabwean politician, Minister of Information and member of the Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front (ZANU PF) since she was 15. She is one of the numerous allies of Emmerson Mnangagwa who became triumphant during the intra-party fights which rocked ZANU PF... Read More About Monica Mutsvangwa