A Mail and Telegraph report claims that there is dissonance in President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s communications department. The discord may be emanating from a desire to control how information is disseminated to the public.
The communications department is comprised of the minister Monica Mutsvangwa, her deputy Energy Mutodi, permanent secretary Nick Mangwana and Deputy Chief Secretary to the President and cabinet, George Charamba, who doubles as the presidential spokesperson, the report further claims. While there should be an agreement in what the government has to say, recently it has been a cacophony of voices. The Mail and Guardian note four events which prove the point:
1) In January, Mnangagwa posted a video drop in which he declared that he was solely responsible for all the information posted on his official Twitter handle and it was his opinion.
2) Charamba then came out guns blazing saying citizens must not listen to or take the Tweets on Mnangagwa’s handle seriously as the messages do not portray a genuine or a reflection of the president’s opinions.
3) The Ministry of Information then publicly declared that the messages on Mnangagwa’s Twitter handle were genuine and citizens must treat them as such.
4) On Monday, Mutodi then pulled a shocker on Star FM wherein he dismissed the authenticity of messages and information disseminated on the Twitter handle. He said the communication on that handle was not a true reflection of Mnangagwa’s opinions.
- Click link to join Pindula News on WhatsApp: https://chat.whatsapp.com/LeKGEHMDusf4aa1XFtTv7X