MDC-T spokesperson Jacob Mafume told Daily News that the Nelson Chamisa led party will now go ahead with its anniversary celebrations that they abandoned last month following a government ban on public gatherings due to a cholera outbreak that claimed several lives.
Mafume said they have since notified the Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) of their intention to have their anniversary celebrations on October 27 at Gwanzura Stadium. Said Mafume:
We will have our celebrations here in Harare at Gwanzura Stadium because we have realised the police hypocrisy when they banned our event yet at the same time they let Zanu PF go ahead. They have allowed church gatherings that attract bigger crowds to go ahead, so we have said they should allow us to also do our activities or we will defy their ban, that is the point we have reached. We have since notified them of our intention to have our anniversary on October 27 but we have not yet received their response.
More: Daily News