In a letter dated August 8, 2018, Registrar of the High Court said suspended NetOne CEO Lazarus Muchenje’s application for the court to cancel the mobile network operator’s board meeting which passed a resolution to renew contracts of nine executives is not urgent.
The Registrar of the High Court said Muchenje was free to pursue the matter but as an ordinary court application. Muchenje’s lawyers Gerald Mlotshwa and Company had earlier written a letter to the court on the urgency of the case. Muchenje had approached the court to declare null and void a special board meeting held on July 28 which reinstated the fired nine executives and suing the company and 17 others.
Muchenje was suspended last week without full pay and benefits for allegedly dismissing senior management without proper consultation with the board and challenging its authority. Nkosinathi Ncube is currently the acting CEO.
More: Business Times