The City of Harare has banned commuter omnibuses from passing through the Central Business District (CBD) starting from 21 February 2018 (Wednesday). We publish their statement below in full.
ALTERATIONS OF ROUTES BY PUBLIC NOTICE
May you please facilitate the preparation and advertising of the above reference notice as per information is given below.
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines
Please note that the Operation Restore Order is set for 21st February, 2018. As such, the public should have been adequately informed through TV, Radio, Newspapers and any other forms of media.
1. The effective date of operation 21st February, 2018. 2. No combis in the CBD
3. Combis will terminate their journeys at the new peripheral ranks
a) Seke Road and Dieppe Road (Coca-Cola)
b) Coventry Rd and Rotten Row Rank
4. All combis ranking from the following ranks will starting 21st February 2018 terminate their journeys at the following ranks:
|No||OLD Rank||NEW Rank|
Coventry Road Rank
Coventry Road Rank
|3||Charge Office||Seke Road Rank|
5. Shuttle service into and out of the CBD will be provided by Convectional buses (big buses) that will follow specific routes.
6. Combis for Bindura will rank at Coventry Rd Rank.
7. Any illegal on-street ranks in the CBD are also prohibited.
8. The following are routes that will be serviced by the bus shuttle.
a) Coventry Rank — Rotten Row— Robert Mugabe Way — fourth St Rank through Copacabana Rank
b) Fourth St Rank —Fifth St — George Silundika Rd — Fourth St —Jason Moyo — through Copacabana — Rotten Row to Coventry Rd Rank.
c) Seke Rd Rank —Seke Rd — Robert Mugabe Way— S. Muzenda Rank (Fourth St Rank)
d) Coventry Rd Rank — Rotten Row — Charter Rd — Market Square Rank — Bank St — Kenneth Kaunda —S. Muzenda Rank (Fourth Street) and back.
e) Seke Rd Rank — Dieppe Rd —Chiremba Rd — Robert Mugabe Way — Robson Manyika — Charge Office.
f) Coventry Rd Rank — Cripps Rd — Dieppe Rd — Glenara Rd —S. Machel Rd — Rotten Rd — Coventry Rd Rank.
The routes will continue to be improved as we implement this strategy.