Today is award winning long distance runner Pardon Ndhlovu’s birthday. Here are five things you did not know about him:
- He represented Zimbabwe at the 2016 Olympics as a marathon runner and finished 41st.
- Ndhlovu was the first runner from Zimbabwe to qualify for the 2016 Olympic Marathon in Rio de Janeiro.
- His personal best time for a marathon is 2:16:52 which he achieved in Houston Texas on 18 January 2015. He came 10th in the race.
- He holds a Masters in Business Administration from Augusta University where he also worked as an assistant coach.
- He is an ambassador for a social enterprise Janji, that distributes clean water worldwide.