In February 2014, then MDC-T deputy treasurer-general Mr Elton Mangoma and youth assembly national secretary general Mr Promise Mkwananzi, were assaulted outside Harvest House. Lovemore Moyo told the High Court he was aware of the identity of people who attacked Mangoma. Said Moyo:
Applicant was attacked by the district chairpersons for fanning factionalism and going to the press. He was attacked for trying to circumvent the democratic process in the party. Further he was accused of bribery. He had an opportunity to defend himself but he did not. He never asked for an opportunity to rebut the allegations that were being raised by the district chairpersons against him.
In 2006 the then Arthur Mutambara-led MDC claimed that MDC-T members attacked then MP for Harare North constituency Trudy Stevenson and three other party Provincial Executive Members. Speaking to SW Radio, Stevenson said she recognised one of the people that attacked her as Tonderai Ndira, who was suspended from the MDC for violence in 2005.
And that is definitely a Tsvangirai person… and in fact I believe it was Tonderai who took one of the vehicles by force as well (last year) and they have never returned the vehicle despite a court order.
MDC-T’s then secretary general, Tendai Biti denied any involvement in the attack by their members and said none of those in police custody were familiar to him.
Source: SW Radio
In March 2014, then MDC-T Harare North youth secretary for information Angela Hwanyanya was allegedly attacked less than a month after the attacks on Mangoma and company. Hwanyanya was struck several times on the head and suffered injuries to one eye and to the forehead. The assault occurred at Harvest House during a party provincial meeting when MDC-T members accused Hwanyanya of belonging to a faction pushing for Mr Morgan Tsvangirai’s removal as leader. She sought refuge in a toilet before she managed to escape and make a police report.
- September 2001: MDC lawmakers —Priscilla Misihairabwi-Mushonga, Gabriel Chaibva, Edwin Mushoriwa and Janah Ncube assaulted while attending a provincial executive meeting in Dzivaresekwa.
- September 2004: MDC youths try to kill party director of security, Peter Guhu.
- September 2004: Bulilima MP Moses Mzila Ndlovu assaulted.
- May 2005: Priscilla Misihairabwi-Mushonga assaulted at Harvest House.
- April 2010: Toendepi Shonhe (party director-general) and Chris Dhlamini (security director) assaulted outside Harvest House.