Today Patrick Zhuwao celebrates his birthday. Below are five things you probably did not know about him:
- He shares a birthday with former Zimbabwean tennis legend Kevin Ullyett.
- Zhuwao holds four master’s degrees.
- He entered mainstream politics when he won the Zvimba East seat as a ZANU-PF candidate in 2008 and was subsequently appointed the deputy minister for Science and Technology. He has also held several positions within the ZANU PF party including being a member for the politiburo. After having served his term as legislator for Zvimba East Constituency, Zhuwao failed to gather party support and was beaten at the party’s primary elections by fellow party member Francis Mkwangwawira.
- He has interests in Telecel Zimbabwe through the Empowerment Corporation of Zimbabwe.
- Zhuwao was at one point said to have been involved in a salary dispute with farm workers at Norton Tobacco farm after he allegedly went for three months without paying their salaries. Although having confirmed the incident, Zhuwao was quick to point out that since he was a tobacco farmer, he could only pay his employees after his crop had been auctioned.
The Empowerment Corporation of Zimbabwe is a local consortium of businesses and individuals that was established for the establishment of Telecel Zimbabwe in 1998. Read More About Empowerment Corporation of Zimbabwe
Kevin "Nyamhanza" Ullyett is a former Zimbabwean tennis player who played for the Davis Cup team for several years usually partnering Wayne Black. Read More About Kevin Ullyett
Patrick Zhuwawo is a politician, businessman and farmer. He is the former Minister of Minister of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare and former member of Zanu-PF. Zhuwawo is nephew to Robert Mugabe and has been reported to be one of the key members in... Read More About Patrick Zhuwao