Guests evacuated as fire breaks out at Bulawayo Rainbow Hotel

Use EcoCash to buy NetOne & Telecel airtime online. Tap here

Guests had to be evacuated from Rainbow Hotel in Bulawayo yesterday following a fire caused by an electric fault. The fire left an electrician severely injured while two of his colleagues also sustained minor injuries during the incident which occurred late in the afternoon.

There was a power blackout that lasted for almost 30 minutes in the city centre following the incident. A majority of Cabinet Ministers that are attending a three-day pre-budget seminar at the Zimbabwe International Trade Fair  in the city are guests at the hotel.

Rainbow Tourism Group Corporate Communications and Innovations Manager, Ms Pride Khumbula, said there was an electrical fault in the basement of the hotel which resulted in the loss of power.

More: Chronicle

WhatsApp Discussions

Click to subscribe to a Pindula WhatsApp Group:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/JaZ0lyL42OYIuRCCf6j4B4

If you find the group full, please notify us on +263 777 707 852 and we'll update the link.

Daily Email Brief

Get the top news delivered to your inbox every day.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.