The Meteorological Services Department (MSD) of Zimbabwe issued a weather report and forecast on 18 March noting that some parts of the country will be partly cloudy this Sunday
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS SATURDAY 18 MARCH 2023 VALID UNTIL MONDAY 20 MARCH 2023.
Isolated thunderstorms occurred in the northern parts of the country such as in Matabeleland north, northern parts of Midlands, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces. All other provinces were mostly sunny and warm.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW SUNDAY 18 MARCH 2023.
Partly cloudy conditions are expected in the northern provinces (Mashonaland, Harare Metropolitan, northern parts of Midlands, and northern parts of Manicaland) with a chance of isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. The remaining portion of the country should be mostly sunny and warm by the afternoon.
• Rain may affect outdoor activities
• Even when skies seem clear overhead, lightning remains a threat, as thunderstorm clouds may be near.
• Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations.
• Thunderstorms pose a threat to humans and livestock as well as property.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Avoid parking your vehicle under or near trees as tree branches/or entire tree trunks may fall.
• Avoid crossing rivers or streams on foot or in a vehicle; just 30cm depth of flowing water can sweep away large vehicles & bridges might have been washed away. Wait for the rain/flood water to subside.
• When lightning is visible or thunder audible, go indoors and avoid contact with water or metal objects.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR MONDAY 20 MARCH 2023
Mostly clear skies are expected across most parts of the country except for all Mashonaland and Harare Metropolitan Provinces which should be partly cloudy. It should be cool in the morning and warm in the afternoon.
Back to top