The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection at 4 PM on Tuesday 14 March 2023 valid until Thursday 16 March 2023:
Localized heavy falls occurred in Chisengu (78mm) due to the rain bands from the former tropical storm Freddy.
Other areas in Manicaland and Masvingo Provinces received amounts between 5mm and 10mm with the exception of Mukandi, Chisumbanje and Chipinge with 29mm, 23mm and 21mm respectively.
All Mashonaland provinces had light of showers, while Matabeleland South Province and southern areas of Midlands had light rain and drizzle with cloudy, mild and windy conditions prevailing.
Matabeleland North and northern areas of Midlands had clear skies at first but became cloudy towards evening as the cloud bands from Freddy dispersed from its centre, currently over Malawi.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY 15 MARCH 2023,
Mostly cloudy and mild conditions are expected in the south-eastern, eastern and northern parts of the country; namely Masvingo, Manicaland, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces with morning light rain in places.
Briefly cloudy and mild morning conditions are expected in Midlands and Matabeleland South becoming warm as the day progresses. Showers and light rain remain probable in places.
Matabeleland North and Bulawayo Metropolitan should be mostly sunny and warm by day becoming mild towards evening.
- Rain may affect outdoor activities
- Even when skies seem clear overhead, lightning remains a threat, as thunderstorm clouds may be near.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Avoid parking your vehicle under or near trees as tree branches/or entire tree trunks may fall.
- Avoid crossing rivers or streams on foot or in a vehicle; just 30cm depth of flowing water can sweep away large vehicles & bridges might have been washed away.
- Wait for the rain/flood water to subside. When lightning is visible or thunder audible, go indoors and avoid contact with water or metal objects.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR THURSDAY 16 MARCH 2023
Mostly cloudy and warm conditions with isolated thunderstorms are expected in all Mashonaland Provinces and the northern parts of Manicaland.
Masvingo, southern areas of Manicaland and Matabeleland South provinces should be cloudy and mild at first with light rain in places becoming partly cloudy and warm by afternoon.
Midlands and Matabeleland North should start off partly cloudy and mild becoming sunny and hot by noon.
More: Pindula News
Back to top