The Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe has reported that significant rainfalls were recorded in some parts of the country this Tuesday. In a weather report and forecast seen by Pindula News, MSD said it expects sunny and warm conditions this week. Reads a report and forecast for the period 29 November to 01 December 2022:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON TUESDAY 29 NOVEMBER 2022 VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 01 DECEMBER 2022.
Significant rainfall was received in the north and eastern part of the country with Mount Darwin recording 72mm. 52mm was recorded in Chipinge, while Mukandi and Kanyemba had 40mm and, 30mm respectively. This rainfall was due to the cloud band, which was now exiting through the northeastern parts of the country. Meanwhile, a relatively dry airflow is sweeping across much of the western parts of the country.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY 30 NOVEMBER 2022
Brief cloudy periods and isolated showers are anticipated in Manicaland, northern parts of the Midlands, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces. It should be warm by day but mild both morning and evening. Mostly sunny and warm afternoon conditions are expected in Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern parts of Midlands and Masvingo Provinces, becoming mild towards evening.
• Wet tar increases braking distance on the road making it difficult to slow down when speeding. • Hot conditions increase the extent of evapotranspiration as well as dehydration.
• Flooding may occur downstream of major rivers, in river basins of areas where no significant rain has fallen, as water flows from upstream. Do not cross rivers of unknown depths.
• Less precipitation is anticipated, this will increase the need for crop monitoring for moisture stress, especially with tender shoots.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• When a thunderstorm threatens, get inside a home or large building, Please secure rooftops and any loose objects that might be blown away by the wind.
• Do not cross flooded rivers. Wait until the water has subsided.
• In case of hailstorms, please be indoors during thunderstorms.
• Where possible, install lightning conductors on buildings, schools and homesteads.
• Please take precautions on the road especially during heavy rains when visibility is reduced.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR THURSDAY 01 DECEMBER 2022
Mostly sunny and warm daytime conditions are anticipated in most parts of the country. It should be mild both morning and evening. Due to remnant moisture, brief cloudy periods and localized showers remain probable in all Mashonaland Provinces and Manicaland Province.