The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON TUESDAY 20 SEPTEMBER 2022 VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 22 SEPTEMBER 2022.
It was cloudy, windy and cool in Matabeleland South and Masvingo Provinces as moisture was drifting in from the south-east; scattered clouds were noted in Matabeleland North and Bulawayo Metropolitan into Midlands as the cloud band from Botswana was filtering into the western parts of the country. All other areas had clear skies with a slight haze. It was cool in the morning and became warm in the afternoon.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY 21 SEPTEMBER 2022
Cloudy, windy and cool conditions are expected in Matabeleland South, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo and Manicaland provinces with light rain and drizzle in places.
It should be mild in the afternoon, becoming cool by evening. Matabeleland North, Bulawayo Metropolitan, northern districts of Midlands into Mashonaland West and Harare Metropolitan should be briefly cloudy with isolated showers which may be thundery in places.
Warm by day becoming cool towards evening. All other areas are anticipated to have clear skies and cool in the morning becoming warm by midday with a slight haze.
- While land preparations are vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded to wear sunhats if they need to be outdoors for prolonged periods of time.
- High temperatures can cause dehydration and other related diseases.
- Fluctuation of temperatures between night and day may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
- Strong winds may blow off roofs and damage property.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Take enough fluids to compensate for water loss through dehydration with medical doctors’ advice.
- Keep warm at night and avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight, especially during midday
- Put out any fires found in open veldt fires and road-sides. Do not leave any fire unattended.
- Veld fires are extensive so farmers are expected to construct fire guards that are at least 9 metres wide and free of burning vegetative matter.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Briefly cloudy and warm – (Temperatures – 20/34)
- Kariba: Partly cloudy and warm – (Temperatures – 21/35)
- Great Zimbabwe: Cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 19/28)
- Nyanga: Mostly cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 13/22)
- Vumba: Mostly cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 14/26)
- Matopos: Cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 18/27)
- Chimanimani: Cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 15/23)
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR THURSDAY 22 SEPTEMBER 2022
Cloudy and windy conditions with a slight chance of rain and drizzle are expected in Manicaland and parts of Masvingo provinces. All other areas should be mostly sunny and warm by day becoming cool towards evening.