Police have released the names of five people who died in a road traffic accident involving a Nissan Note Vehicle on 6 August at 3.20 PM at the 33km peg along the Harare-Masvingo Road.
In a statement, Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Nyathi named the victims as follows:
- Nyaradzo Mugadza, a female adult aged 49 of ZRP Chikurubi Camp, Harare – Driver of the Nissan Note vehicle.
- Simbarashe Murapa, a male adult aged 44 of Kuwadzana Extension, Harare.
- Gwenhere Tsitsi, a female adult aged 47 of ZRP Chikurubi Camp, Harare.
- Mapikure Denis, a male adult aged 40 of Hatfield Harare.
- Ethan David Chiyangwa, a male juvenile aged 5 of ZRP Chikurubi Camp, Harare.
Asst Comm Nyathi appealed to drivers to be responsible and observe road rules and regulations. He added:
It is sad that motorists are overtaking and speeding in situations which are clearly not safe to do so.
Road safety should be part of drivers’ daily responsible conduct.