ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 04 FEBRUARY 2022 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 06 FEBRUARY 2022.
Moisture that drifted into the country from Botswana resulted in scattered thunderstorms across Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland North, northern areas of Midlands, all Mashonaland Provinces, Harare Metropolitan and northern parts of Manicaland provinces yesterday.
The significant rainfall figures were 23mm (Plumtree) and 20mm (Kezi).
Meanwhile, Intense Tropical Cyclone Batsirai is over the east coast of Madagascar.
While over this part, it is slowly driving in a gradually strengthening southeasterly airflow.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, SATURDAY 05 FEBRUARY 2022;
Cloudy conditions with scattered afternoon thunderstorms are expected in Matabeleland North, northern areas of Midlands, all Mashonaland Provinces, Harare Metropolitan, and northern parts of Manicaland.
It should be mostly cloudy, mild and windy with rain showers in Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern areas of Midlands Masvingo and southern parts of Manicaland provinces.
- Thunder and lightning may affect your plans, please plan with the weather in mind.
- Flooded rivers remain a potential hazard; even if it has not rained heavily in the area, heavy rains may have occurred upstream.
- Heavy rains may induce localized flash flooding in areas with poor drainage or along rivers.
- Some dams are filled to capacity; this can cause downstream flooding should the dams overspill.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- The projected warmer and less moist conditions make it conducive for on-farm activities, but always remember when Thunder roars, it is best to be indoors! If outdoor, try and find shelter immediately: do not shelter under trees or in isolated sheds.
- Do not ride at the back of an open truck or drive a tractor during a storm; keep away from metal equipment and pipes, or kitchen areas as these are prone to lightning strikes.
- Heavy downpours may reduce visibility and flood dangers become difficult to perceive during heavy rains. Avoid being outdoors during heavy rains.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Cloudy with rain showers (Temperatures – 19/32)
- Kariba: Cloudy with rain showers (Temperatures – 23/30)
- Great Zimbabwe: Cloudy with rain and drizzle (Temperatures – 18/28)
- Nyanga: Cloudy with rain showers (Temperatures – 15/21)
- Vumba: Cloudy with rain and drizzle (Temperatures – 16/24)
- Matopos: Cloudy with rain and drizzle (Temperatures – 19/25)
- Chimanimani: Cloudy with rain and drizzle (Temperatures – 14/27)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY 06 FEBRUARY 2022:
Mostly cloudy conditions and isolated afternoon thundershowers are expected in Matabeleland North, northern areas of Midlands, all Mashonaland Provinces, Harare Metropolitan, and northern parts of Manicaland. It should become mild in the morning and towards the evening.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department