PREAMBLE: ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON N DAY 23 JANUARY 2022 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 25 JANUARY 2022.
Isolated thunderstorms occurred in Matabeleland North, Midlands and Mashonaland West whilst all other provinces had rain and/or drizzle. The highest falls were at Bulawayo (20mm) and Karoi(14mm). It was mostly cloudy and mild across the country. Meanwhile, a tropical depression is approaching the southeast coast of the continent hence;
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, MONDAY 24 JANUARY 2022;
It should be mostly cloudy and warm across all provinces with rain showers that may be thundery in places. Downpours (in excess 20mm) are anticipated in Manicaland and all Mashonaland provinces.
• Heavy rains may reduce visibility, and induce localized flash flooding in areas with poor drainage.
• Flooded rivers remain a potential hazard; even if it has not rained heavily in the area, heavy rains may have occurred upstream.
• Strong winds may be destructive in places
• Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Heavy downpours may reduce visibility and flood dangers become difficult to perceive during heavy rains.
• Public is advised to stay away from the swollen rivers and not to drive through floodwaters as just 30cm of flowing water is enough to sweep away a vehicle.
• Clearance of waterways and drainages helps reduce the impacts of heavy rains.
• Destructive winds may result in trees falling and being blown off of rooftops.
• Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
• Do not be found outdoor in Thunder; lightning may lay you asunder.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Partly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms||17||28|
|KARIBA:||Mostly cloudy with thunderstorms||19||31|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Cloudy with isolated thunderstorms||15||21|
|NYANGA:||Cloudy with isolated thunderstorms||13||19|
|VUMBA:||Cloudy with isolated thunderstorms||12||21|
|MATOPOS:||Cloudy with isolated thunderstorms||12||23|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Cloudy with isolated thunderstorms||12||19|
WEATHER FORECAST FOR TUESDAY 25 JANUARY 2022;
Mostly cloudy and warm conditions with a chance of rain showers that may be thundery in places are anticipated to occur in all provinces except for Matabeleland north which should be mostly sunny. Heavier falls (in excess of 20mm) are expected in Manicalandand all Mashonaland provinces.