ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 21 JANUARY 2022 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022.
It was mostly partly cloudy and warm across the country yesterday. However, isolated rain showers occurred at Chipinge (20mm) and Chisengu (17mm).
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, SATURDAY 22 JANUARY 2022:
It should be cloudy countrywide with isolated showers that could be thundery in places.
Warm conditions are expected in areas to the north of the main watershed while areas along and to the south are anticipated to be mild and windy for much of the day.
- Such sultry (hot and humid) weather is conducive to thunderstorms that are violent at times (accompanied by lightning and strong winds).
- Rainfall distribution is not very uniform with some areas not receiving any meaningful rains.
- High temperatures may lead to dehydration and exhaustion.
- Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Irrigation is advisable especially in areas where plant stress is noticed
- It is therefore important not to be caught in the open during a thunderstorm. Avoid sheltering under a tree or in isolated sheds as these are prone to lightning strikes.
- Keep hydrated by drinking adequate amounts of water.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
- Do not be found outdoor in Thunder; lightning may lay you asunder.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Mostly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms (Temperatures – 18/31)
- Kariba: Mostly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms (Temperatures – 22/33)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms (Temperatures – 16/25)
- Nyanga: Mostly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms – 12/21)
- Vumba: Mostly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms (Temperatures – 11/20)
- Matopos: Mostly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms (Temperatures – 16/22)
- Chimanimani: Mostly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms (Temperatures – 14/23)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022:
It should be cloudy in all Mashonaland Provinces, Harare Metropolitan Province and northern parts of Manicaland Province with isolated showers that could be thundery in places. Warm and windy conditions are expected for much of the day though mild in the morning.
Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo and southern areas of Manicaland Province should be cloudy and windy with morning drizzle, becoming less cloudy by the afternoon. Mild conditions are expected throughout the day.
The remaining provinces (Matabeleland North and northern areas of the Midlands) are expected to be mostly sunny and warm though mild in the morning and evening.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department