PREAMBLE: ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 15 JANUARY 2022 VALID UNTIL MONDAY 17 JANUARY 2022.
The cloudy and humid conditions currently affecting the country resulted in scattered thunderstorms and rain yesterday. Notable rainfall amounts recorded this morning were 100mm (Zvishavane), 54mm (Kadoma), 52mm (Kutsaga), 42mm (Harare Airport), 34mm (Gokwe & Kezi), and 30mm(Mhondoro).
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, SUNDAY 16 JANUARY 2022;
Mostly cloudy and humid conditions with widespread rain showers which might be thundery in places are expected in Matabeleland North, Bulawayo Metropolitan, northern areas of the Midlands, Harare: Metropolitan northern parts of Manicaland and all Mashonaland provinces expect Localized heavy rains remain probable in places along and to the north of the main watershed. The provinces of Massing°, southern areas of Midlands, Matabeleland South and southern parts of Manicaland should be cool at first, becoming wanner by afternoon with sunny breaks, and isolated thunderstorms and rain.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Visibility may also be compromised during heavy downpours.
• flooded rivers remain a potential hazard; even if it has not rained heavily in the area. heavy rains may have occurred upstream
• Heavy downpours may give rise to flash flooding leading to treacherous road conditions.
• Avoid crossing flooded rivers and swollen streams whether on foot or in a vehicle.
• Avoid driving on a road covered by water especially at night when it is more difficult to recognize flood dangers.
• The public is advised to stay away from swollen rivers and not to drive through floodwaters as just 30cm of flowing water is enough to sweep away a vehicle.
• Clearance of waterways and drainages. ahead of time, helps reduce the impacts of heavy rains.
• Be Weather-ready; always plan with the weather in mind.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Mostly cloudy with thunderstorms and rain||18||29|
|KARIBA:||Mostly cloudy with thunderstorms and rain||23||31|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Partly cloudy with thundershowers||19||28|
|NYANGA:||Mostly cloudy with thunderstorms and rain||14||24|
|VUMBA:||Partly cloudy with thundershowers||18||26|
|MATOPOS:||Partly cloudy with thundershowers||17||27|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Partly cloudy with thundershowers||16||25|
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR MONDAY 17 JANUARY 2022:
Warm and cloudy conditions with widespread rain showers which might be thundery in places are expected over Harare Metropolitan, northern parts of Manicaland, Midlands, Matabeleland North and all Mashonaland Provinces. Localized heavier falls are likely over high grounds. Brief cloudy and warm conditions with isolated thundershowers are expected over Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South, Masvingo and southern parts of Manicaland. Mild morning and evening conditions are anticipated countrywide.