PREAMBLE: ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 FIRS ON FRIDAY 14 JANUARY 2022 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 16 JANUARY 2022.
Scattered thunderstorms occurred across the country. Places with notable rainfall figures measured were Gweshe Agtitex office(52mm), Macheke Agritex(50mm), Kwekwe(34mm), Kariba(32mm), Guruve(30mm), Henderson(30mm), Binga(29mm), Gokwe(26mm), Mukandi(25mm), Chivhu(23mm), Karoi(23mm) and Gweru(21mm). Meanwhile, the atmosphere remains moist over the country thus:
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, SATURDAY 15 JANUARY 2022;
Matabeleland North, Bulawayo Metropolitan, northern areas of the Midlands, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland provinces expect mostly cloudy and humid conditions with widespread rain showers that may be thundery. Localized heavy rains remain probable in places along and to the north of the main watershed. The provinces of Massing°, southern areas of Midlands, Matabeleland South and NIanicaland should be cool at first, becoming wanner by afternoon with sunny breaks, and isolated thunderstorms and rain.
• Visibility may also be compromised during heavy downpours.
• Flooded livers remain a potential hazard: even if it has not rained heavily in the area. heavy rains may have occurred upstream
• Heavy downpours may give rise to flash flooding leading to treacherous road conditions.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Avoid crossing flooded rivers and swollen streams whether on foot or in a vehicle.
• Avoid driving on a road covered by water especially at night when it is more difficult to recognize flood dangers.
• The public is advised to stay away from swollen rivers and not to drive through floodwaters as just 30cm of flowing water is enough to sweep away a vehicle.
• Clearance of waterways and drainages. ahead of tune. helps reduce the impacts of heavy rains.
• Be Weather-ready; always plan with the weather in mind.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Mostly cloudy with thunderstorms and rain||19||29|
|KARIBA:||Mostly cloudy with thunderstorms and rain||21||34|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Partly cloudy with thundershowers||19||29|
|NYANGA:||Mostly cloudy with thunderstorms and rain||14||24|
|VUMBA:||Partly cloudy with thundershowers||18||26|
|MATOPOS:||Partly cloudy with thundershowers||17||27|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Partly cloudy with thundershowers||16||25|
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY 16 JANUARY 2022;
It should be cloudy and warm with widespread thunderstorms and rain over Harare Metropolitan, northern parts of Manicaland, Midlands, Matabeleland North and all Mashonaland Provinces. Localized heavier falls are likely over high grounds. Brief cloudy and warm conditions with isolated thundershowers are expected over Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South, Masvingo and southern parts of Manicaland. Mild morning and evening conditions are anticipated countrywide.