ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 06 DECEMBER 2021 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 08 DECEMBER 2021.
The cloud band affecting the western and southern areas resulted in scattered thunderstorms.
Localized heavy downpour occurred at West Nicholson (70mm). Other notable rainfalls were 22mm (Beitbridge), 18mm (Gokwe) and 13mm (Chivhu).
Meanwhile, pressure is rising along the southeast coast of South Africa. This should cause convergence in areas along and south of the watershed.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW Tuesday 07 DECEMBER 2021:
It should be cloudy in Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Masvingo, southern parts of Midlands and southern areas of Manicaland with scattered thunderstorms.
Localized downpours (in excess of 30mm) are most probable, especially around Gwanda- West Nicholson areas.
It should be mild in the morning, becoming warm to hot by afternoon. Matabeleland North should be partly cloudy and hot with isolated afternoon thunderstorms.
The rest of the country is expected to be mostly sunny with a chance of isolated thunderstorms. It should be mild in the morning, becoming hot by afternoon.
- Lightning is a major risk during this period
- High afternoon temperatures may lead to exhaustion
- Temperature fluctuations may affect the health of certain individuals.
- Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
- In areas where it is sunny and hot, avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
- Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, and get vaccinated.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershower (Temperatures – 25/37)
- Kariba: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 29/40)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 22/35)
- Nyanga: Mostly cloudy and warm – 16/28)
- Vumba: Mostly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 18/32)
- Matopos: Mostly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 20/34)
- Chimanimani: Mostly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 15/30)
WEATHER FORECAST WEDNESDAY 08 DECEMBER 2021
Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Masvingo, Midlands and Manicaland province is expected to be mostly cloudy with scattered thunderstorms.
The remainder of the country (Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland) should be partly cloudy and hot with a chance of isolated thunderstorms.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department