PREAMBLE: ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 04 DECEMBER VALID UNTIL MONDAY 06 DECEMBER 2021.
Isolated thundershowers were experienced in Hwange, Plumtree, Marondera, Rusape, Chipinge and Kanyemba though the rainfalls were insignificant. Meanwhile, a cloud band over Botswana is feeding moisture through the western parts of the country.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW SUNDAY 05 DECEMBER 2021:
Hot and humid conditions are expected in Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan and southern parts of Masvingo province with a chance of isolated thunderstorms. The rest of the country should be mostly sunny and mild in the morning becoming hot in the afternoon.
• Lightning is a major risk during this period
• High afternoon temperatures may lead to exhaustion
• Temperature fluctuations may affect the health of certain individuals.
• Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
• In areas where it is sunny and hot. avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
• Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
• Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying. applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
• COVID is still a potential threat. stay safe, mask up. and get vaccinated.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
|Max today (actual)|
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers||22||37|
|KARIBA:||Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers||26||40|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers||20||35|
|NYANGA:||Mostly sunny and hot||16||28|
|VUMBA:||Mostly sunny and hot||18||32|
|MATOPOS:||Mostly sunny and hot||20||34|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Mostly sunny and hot||15||30|
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR MONDAY 06 DECEMBER 2021
Scattered thunderstorms and partly cloudy conditions are expected in all Matabeleland Provinces, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Masvingo and southern parts of Midlands Province as moisture from Botswana drift eastwards into the country. All other areas should be mostly sunny. It should be mild in the morning becoming hot by day.