PREAMBLE: ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 IiRS ON FRIDAY 03 DECEMBER VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 05 DECEMBER 2021.
Mostly sunny and mild conditions were experienced across the country in the morning becoming hot and partly cloudy by afternoon.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW SATURDAY 04 DECEMBER 2021:
Mostly sunny and hot conditions are expected to persist throughout the country with a chance of showers in some places.
• Lightning is a major risk during this period
• High afternoon temperatures may lead to exhaustion
• Temperature fluctuations may affect the health of certain individuals.
• Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
• In areas where it is sunny and hot, avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
• Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
• Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping wider mosquito nets).
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, and get vaccinated.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
|Max today (actual)|
|FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS||TEMPERATURES: Min||Max|
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Mostly sunny and hot||20||39|
|KARIBA:||Mostly sunny and hot||27||41|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Mostly sunny and hot||20||36|
|NYANGA:||Mostly sunny and hot||16||30|
|VUMBA:||Mostly sunny and hot||16||30|
|MATOPOS:||Mostly sunny and hot||19||36|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Mostly sunny and hot||17||31|
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY 05 DECEMBER 2021
It should be partly cloudy and hot with isolated afternoon thunderstorms anticipated in some areas across the country.