President Emmerson Mnangagwa has accorded a state-assisted funeral to the late Zimbabwe Investment and Development Agency (ZIDA) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Douglas Munatsi who died in a house fire on Monday morning.
In a statement, the Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet, Dr Misheck Sibanda, said the Government will liaise with the family to ensure implement President Mnangagwa’s directive. Pindula News presents Sibanda’s statement:
His Excellency, the President, Cde Dr E.D Mnangagwa, has directed that the late Douglas Munatsi who passed on earlier in the week be accorded a State-assisted funeral. The Office of the President and Cabinet will liaise with the bereaved Munatsi family to ensure this directive by His Excellency the President is effected.
The Office continues to stand by the bereaved Munatsi family during this very difficult time.
Dr M. J. M. Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT AND CABINET
- ZIDA CEO Douglas Munatsi Dies In House Fire, Police Suspect Foul Play
- Police Investigating Fire Incident ‘That Killed’ ZIDA CEO Douglas Munatsi
- Douglas Munatsi’s Death: Flat Owner Speaks On Fire Incident
- Douglas Munatsi Was One Of The Few True Patriots Around Mnangagwa – Chin’ono
- President Mnangagwa “Shocked” As Douglas Munatsi Dies In “Unclear Circumstances”
- Police Memo On Douglas Munatsi’s Sudden Death
- PICTURES: The Apartment Of ZIDA CEO Doug Munatsi Before & After The Fire
Meanwhile, the Munatsi family is yet to determine when the former BancABC boss will be buried.
Investigations are ongoing to establish the cause of death.
Back to top