PREAMBLE: ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 01 DECEMBER VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 03 DECEMBER 2021.
The cloud band that has been affecting the western parts of Zimbabwe resulted in isolated thundershowers in Plumtree, Kezi and West Nicholson though the amounts were insignificant. The rest of the country was mostly sunny and hot.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW THURSDAY 02 DECEMBER 2021:
It should start off mild and sunny in the morning. Partly cloudy and hot conditions are expected in Matabeleland North and South, Bulawayo Metropolitan and Midlands Provinces with showers probable in some places. All other areas should be mostly sunny and hot.
• High afternoon temperatures may lead to exhaustion
• Temperature fluctuations may affect the health of certain individuals.
• Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
• In areas where it is sunny and hot. avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
• Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
• Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, and get vaccinated.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
|Max today (actual)|
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Partly cloudy and hot||18||39|
|KARIBA:||Mostly sunny and hot||24||40|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Mostly sunny and hot||18||38|
|NYANGA:||Mostly sunny and hot||14||29|
|VUMBA:||Mostly sunny and hot||12||29|
|MATOPOS:||Mostly sunny and hot||18||32|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Mostly sunny and hot||17||31|
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR FRIDAY 03 DECEMBER 2021
Partly cloudy and hot conditions with a chance of afternoon showers are expected in some places in Matabeleland North and South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands, Masvingo and Mashonaland West Provinces. The remaining part of the country should be mostly sunny and hot. It should be mild in the morning and towards evening.