PREAMBLE: ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON TUESDAY 23 NOVEMBER VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 25 NOVEMBER 2021.
Widespread thunderstorms were recorded across the country. The heaviest fall was 70mm (West Nicholson), 59mm (Kezi), 54mm (Chibero), 42mm (Beitbridge), 34mm (Buffalo Range and Kariba), and 32mm (Chipinge and Zvishavane). Meanwhile, cool moist southeasterly winds from the southeastern coast of the subcontinent are beginning to strengthen and infiltrate the country.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW WEDNESDAY 24 NOVEMBER 2021,
Widespread thunderstorms are expected in the northern half of the country that is, Midlands Province Matabeleland North Province, all the Mashonaland Provinces, Harare Metropolitan Province and northern parts of Manicaland Province. It should be warm by day, becoming mild towards evening. The southern half of the country which includes, Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Masvingo and southern parts of Manicaland Provinces is anticipated to be mild, cloudy and windy with chances of drizzle and rain.
• Lightning is a major risk during this period
• Strong winds may be destructive in places
• Temperature fluctuations may affect the health of certain individuals.
• Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
• If outdoors do not shelter under isolated trees or shed.
• If no shelter is available try to couch as low as possible with only your toes touching the ground.
• Ensure roof-tops are secured. Make it a weekly routine to check that roof nails are still holding the roof securely.
• Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
• Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, and get vaccinated.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
|Max today (actual)|
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Partly cloudy with showers||18||30|
|KARIBA:||Partly cloudy with showers||22||34|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Cloudy with drizzle and rain||17||25|
|NYANGA:||Cloudy with drizzle and rain||12||22|
|VUMBA:||Cloudy with drizzle and rain||16||25|
|MATOPOS:||Cloudy with thunder-showers||17||28|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Cloudy with drizzle and rain||18||23|
WEATHER FORECAST FOR THURSDAY 25 NOVEMBER 2021
Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Massingo and southern parts of Manicaland Provinces should be cloudy and mild with light rain: Whilst, Midlands Province, Matabeleland North Province, all the Mashonaland Provinces, Harare Metropolitan Province and northern parts of Manicaland Province is expected to be partly cloudy and warm with chances of late afternoon thundershowers.