PREAMBLE: ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 22 NOVEMBER VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 24 NOVEMBER 2021.
Widespread thunderstorms were recorded throughout the country with localised heavy downpours in Masvingo (78mm), Plumtree (44mm) and Kwekwe (41mm). Meanwhile, the atmosphere is still moist and unstable and the rainfall is expected to continue.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW TUESDAY 23 NOVEMBER 2021.
Widespread thunderstorms are expected throughout the country with chances of localised heavy downpours over Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces.
• Lightning is a major risk during this period
• Strong winds may be destructive in places
• Hot and humid conditions may affect the health of certain individuals.
• Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
• Avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
• Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying. applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
• When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
• If outdoors do not shelter under isolated trees or shed.
• If no shelter is available try to couch as low as possible with only your toes touching the ground.
• COVID is still a potential threat. stay safe, mask up, and get vaccinated.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES (°C)
|Max today (actual)|
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Partly cloudy with showers||17||30|
|KARIBA:||Partly cloudy with showers||23||36|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Cloudy with thunder-showers||18||30|
|NYANGA:||Cloudy with thunder-showers||14||25|
|VUMBA:||Cloudy with thunder-showers||16||27|
|MATOPOS:||Cloudy with thunder-showers||16||29|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Cloudy with thunder-showers||15||26|
WEATHER FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY 24 NOVEMBER 2021
The cloud system is expected to move to the northern and eastern parts of the country and therefore Widespread thundershowers will be expected in the provinces of Masvingo, Manicaland, Harare Metropolitan, and All Mashonaland Provinces. Matabeleland North and south provinces and Bulawayo Metropolitan provinces should be partly cloudy with chances of afternoon showers.