ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 20 NOVEMBER VALID UNTIL MONDAY 22 NOVEMBER 2021.
As a result of a cloud band affecting the country, scattered thunderstorms were experienced in Matabeleland North, Bulawayo Metropolitan, northern parts of Midlands, all Mashonaland Harare Metropolitan, and northern parts of Manicaland provinces; Highest rainfall recorded was 50mm at Buhera.
All other areas namely Matabeleland South, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo and southern parts of Manicaland provinces were mostly cloudy with rain and drizzle due to a moist southeasterly airflow.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW SUNDAY 21 NOVEMBER 2021
Widespread thunderstorms with a chance of hail are expected in areas to the north and along the main watershed and eastern highlands with localised heavy rains in excess of 30mm.
Areas to the south of the main watershed are expected to be dominated by mostly cloudy conditions with a chance of rain and drizzle.
- Hot and humid conditions may affect the health of certain individuals.
- Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
- Lightning is a major risk during this period
- Strong winds may be destructive in places
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
- Avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
- If outdoors do not shelter under isolated trees or shed.
- If no shelter is available try to couch as low as possible with only your toes touching the ground.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, and get vaccinated.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Cloudy with thundershowers (Temperatures – 18/34)
- Kariba: Cloudy with thundershowers (Temperatures – 24/32)
- Great Zimbabwe: Cloudy with thundershowers (Temperatures – 18/23)
- Nyanga: Cloudy with thundershowers – 14/20)
- Vumba: Cloudy with thundershowers (Temperatures – 14/21)
- Matopos: Cloudy with thundershowers (Temperatures – 17/25)
- Chimanimani: Cloudy with thundershowers (Temperatures – 15/22)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR MONDAY 22 NOVEMBER 2021
Widespread thunderstorms are expected throughout the country with chances of hail and heavy falls in some places.
The airflow should be mostly northeasterly to northerly which should result in warmer conditions across the country.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department