ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON THURSDAY 11 NOVEMBER VALID UNTIL SATURDAY 13 NOVEMBER 2021.
Out of the thunderstorms that occurred almost countrywide yesterday, rainfall amounts measured were generally less than 10mm except for the following: Southerton (40mm), Watershed (26mm), Warren park (24mm), Kutsaga (18mm), Belvedere (15mm) and Nkayi (13mm). Meanwhile, the atmosphere remains humid with cool south easterlies affecting mainly the southern borders of the country.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW FRIDAY 12 NOVEMBER 2021.
It is expected to be partly cloudy and mild at first across much of the country, becoming warm and increasingly cloudy by afternoon, with chances of rain-showers that could be thundery in places. These storms are likely to be violent, accompanied by strong winds and possibly hail. Localized heavy downpours could not be discounted, especially in areas along the main watershed.
• Lightning is a major risk during this period
• Strong winds may be destructive in places
• Temperature fluctuations may affect the health of certain individuals, with cooler conditions over much of the country.
• Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
• If outdoors do not shelter under isolated trees or shed.
• If no shelter is available try to couch as low as possible with only your toes touching the ground.
• Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
• Avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
• Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES (°C)
|Max today (actual)|
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Partly cloudy with a chance of thunder-showers||19||34|
|KARIBA:||Hot and humid with a chance of thunder-showers||24||38|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Mostly cloudy with intermittent light showers||18||32|
|NYANGA:||Partly cloudy and warm||14||26|
|VUMBA:||Mostly cloudy with intermittent light showers||17||31|
|MATOPOS:||Mostly cloudy with a chance of thunder-showers||15||30|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Mostly cloudy with intermittent light showers||15||29|
OUTLOOK – WEATHER FORECAST FOR SATURDAY 13 NOVEMBER 2021
Scattered thunderstorms are anticipated mainly in areas along and north of the main watershed. namely Matabeleland North, northern parts of the Midlands, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland provinces. More sunny breaks and warmer conditions are expected over Matabeleland South, southern areas of Midlands, Masvingo as well as southern areas of Manicaland province with a chance of afternoon and evening thundershowers