ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 10 NOVEMBER VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 12 NOVEMBER 2021.
It was hot and humid over much of the country with widespread thunderstorms with light falls yesterday. Meanwhile. cool air is entering the country from the southeastern side of the country while also being affected by a cloud band from the northwest and temperatures are therefore expected to drop.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW THURSDAY 11 NOVEMBER 2021
Widespread showers, which may be thundery in places, are expected throughout the country. Localized heavier falls are probable in Matabeleland North and South and some areas along the main watershed. It should be hot and humid in most areas to the north of the main watershed. namely northern parts of the Midlands (from Kwekwe to Gokwe), Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces. Areas to the south of the main watershed [southern areas of the Midlands (Gweru to Mberengwa), Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South, Masvingo, Manicaland] are anticipated to be mostly cloudy and warm.
• Lightning is a major risk during this period
• Strong winds may be destructive in places
• Temperature fluctuations may affect the health of certain individuals. with cooler conditions over much of the country.
• Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
• If outdoors do not shelter under isolated trees or shed.
• If no shelter is available try to couch as low as possible with only your toes touching the ground.
• Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
• Avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
• Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up. get vaccinated.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
|Max today (actual)|
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Partly cloudy with a chance of thunder-showers||19||34|
|KARIBA:||Hot and humid with a chance of thunder-showers||22||37|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Mostly cloudy with intermittent light showers||18||29|
|NYANGA:||Partly cloudy and warm||14||26|
|VUMBA:||Mostly cloudy with intermittent light showers||18||29|
|MATOPOS:||Mostly cloudy with a chance of thunder-showers||17||28|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Mostly cloudy with intermittent light showers||18||26|
OUTLOOK – WEATHER FORECAST FOR FRIDAY 12 NOVEMBER 2021
It should be hot and humid across much of the country with isolated afternoon thundershowers. Localized heavier falls are anticipated in all Matabeleland provinces and some areas along the main watershed. Temperatures are expected to start rising gradually as the high-pressure system that was suppressing them would have passed.