ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON TUESDAY 26 OCTOBER VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 28 OCTOBER 2021.
Warm and moist winds from the northwest resulted in thunderstorms and light showers of rain being reported in Matabeleland North and parts of Matabeleland south whilst a cool south-easterly airflow resulted in cool cloudy conditions with drizzle in parts of Masvingo and Midlands provinces. Meanwhile, the south easterly winds continue to weaken whilst the cloud band over Botswana is bringing in moisture into the western parts of the country.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW WEDNESDAY 27 OCTOBER 2021.
Cloudy conditions with isolated afternoon thunderstorms are expected in Matabeleland North and South, Bulawayo Metropolitan provinces and northern parts of Midlands, it should be mild at first becoming hot by midday. Manicaland, Masvingo and southern parts of Midlands should be cool and cloudy at first with patchy morning drizzle becoming less cloudy and warm by afternoon. All other areas (Mashonaland West, East and Central) are anticipated to be mostly sunny, hot becoming partly cloudy with a chance of isolated thundershowers.
• Cool and cloudy conditions in the southern parts of the country may have negative impacts on poultry and some crops as well as the health of persons of an ill disposition, the elderly and young children.
• While heat to the north of the country increases the risk of dehydration
• Lightning is a major risk during this period
• Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Keep weather-ready for your specific area and dress according (e.g. warm for the south, sunhat in the north if you need to be outdoors)
• Keep well hydrated, and where possible stay in the shade.
• When thunder roar, it is advisable to go indoors.
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
Matabeleland North province should be clear and cool at first, becoming partly cloudy with a chance of afternoon thunder showers. All other areas (Matabeleland south, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Masvingo, Manicaland, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces) are expected to be mostly sunny, humid and hot by day, becoming mild towards evening.