ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SUNDAY 24 OCTOBER VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 26 OCTOBER 2021.
The cloud band which came from the western side of the country caused scattered thundershowers on the west of the country and along the main watershed. The highest amount was recorded in Victoria falls (19mm) followed by West Nicholson (9mm) and Gweru (4mm). Meanwhile, convergence is expected across the country as pressure is rising on the southeast coast of South Africa.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW MONDAY 25 OCTOBER 2021.
Scattered showers in partly cloudy conditions are expected in ‘Matabeleland North, north of Midlands, Mashonaland Central, Mashonaland West, northern parts of Mashonaland East and Harare ‘Metropolitan Provinces. It should be cloudy and cool with patchy drizzle in Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, south of Mashonaland East, Masvingo, south of Midlands, and Manicaland Provinces.
• Cold conditions in the early hours of the morning have negative impacts on poultry and some crops.
• Low temperatures may affect the health of all persons. however persons of an ill disposition. the elderly and young children tend to be more vulnerable.
• Lightning is a major risk during this period Mosquito. proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Keep warm. where possible stay indoors.
• Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm. especially overnight.
• Avoid brazier or open fire to keep warm. in an unventilated room to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
• COVID is still a potential threat. stay safe. mask-up. get vaccinated. If one is dependent on solar, ensure the load is minimised when charging is not optimal.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers||17||30|
|KARIBA:||Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers||21||32|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Cloudy with rain and drizzle||16||24|
|NYANGA:||Cloudy with rain and drizzle||11||22|
|VUMBA:||Cloudy with rain and drizzle||15||24|
|MATOPOS:||Cloudy with rain and drizzle||15||22|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Cloudy with rain and drizzle||13||23|
WEATHER FORECAST FOR TUESDAY 2 OCTOBER 2021
Cool and cloudy conditions with patchy morning drizzle are expected in Manicaland, Masvingo, south of Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan Province and south of Midlands, Harare Metropolitan Province, and all Mashonaland provinces should be partly cloudy with chances of afternoon showers.