ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON THURSDAY 21 OCTOBER VALID UNTIL SATURDAY 23 OCTOBER 2021.
Brief cloudy morning conditions were experienced in all Mashonaland and Harare Metropolitan provinces. The rest of the country was cool in the morning becoming warm and mostly sunny by afternoon.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW FRIDAY 22 OCTOBER 2021.
In both Matabeleland Provinces, partly cloudy conditions are expected with a chance of thundershowers whilst it should be mostly sunny across the rest of the country. It should be cool in the morning, hot by midday in most areas.
High temperatures may cause dehydration and heat exhaustion. Vulnerable members of society (children, the elderly or ill) are particularly susceptible as well as those engaged in outdoor work or activity.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
- If one needs to be out in the direct sun, please carry an umbrella or wear a wide-brimmed hat. If possible wear sunscreen.
- Constantly follow the weather updates on the official platform in the footer of this page. Be Weather-Ready and Always Prepared.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 19/35)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny (Temperatures – 23/36)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly sunny (Temperatures – 15/33)
- Nyanga: Mostly sunny (Temperatures – 10/26)
- Vumba: Mostly sunny (Temperatures – 10/26)
- Matopos: Cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 13/33)
- Chimanimani: Mostly sunny (Temperatures – 12/26)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR SATURDAY 23 OCTOBER 2021
Thundershowers are expected in Matabeleland north and south Midlands provinces whilst the rest of the country should be mostly sunny and mild in the morning; it should be hot in the afternoon.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department