ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 15 OCTOBER 2021 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 17 OCTOBER 2021.
It started off mild and hazy with clear skies across the country becoming hot and hazy in the afternoon. The airflow was mainly north-easterly. Partly cloudy conditions were experienced in some areas over Manicaland, all Mashonaland, Harare Metropolitan and Midlands Provinces. The rest of the country had mostly clear skies throughout the day.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW SATURDAY 16 OCTOBER 2021.
Clear skies and mild morning conditions should prevail. As a result of moist north-easterly airflow’, cloud development is expected from the northern provinces downwards. Most parts of the country should be mostly cloudy by late afternoon; though the cloud should clear by midnight.
• High temperatures may cause dehydration and heat exhaustion. Vulnerable members of society (children, the elderly or ill) are particularly susceptible as well as those engaged in outdoor work or activity.
• Land preparations are very vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded that it is illegal to start veldt fires.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
• If one needs to be out in the direct sun, please carry an umbrella or wear a wide-brimmed hat. If possible wear sunscreen.
• Try and avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
• Constantly follow the weather updates on the official platform in the footer of this page. Be Weather-Ready and Always Prepared.
• Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
• Put out any fires found in open veldts and along road-sides. Do not leave any fire unattended.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES (°C)
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS TEMPERATURES
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Sunny and hot||13||37|
|KARIBA:||Sunny and hot||21||38|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Sunny and hot||17||37|
|NYANGA:||Sunny and hot||18||32|
|VUMBA:||Sunny and hot||17||28|
|MATOPOS:||Sunny and hot||14||33|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Sunny and hot||15||29|
WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY 17 OCTOBER 2021
Mostly clear skies are expected in the morning with a moist northerly airflow. However, as the day progresses, a moist south-easterly airflow should start to be felt in Matabeleland South, Masvingo and Manicaland provinces. The combination of the two airflows should result in mostly cloudy conditions with a chance of thunderstorms in some areas in Matabeleland South, Masvingo, Manicaland and Mashonaland East provinces.
More: Pindula News; PRODUCED BY The MSD