ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON TUESDAY 05 OCTOBER 2021 VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 07 OCTOBER 2021.
Scattered thunderstorms and rain occurred in several places across the country yesterday. The highest falls were in places such as Nkayi (10mm), Chipinge and Chiredzi (4mm).
This morning the southern areas of Midlands, Matabeleland South, Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces were mostly cloudy with patchy morning drizzle. Meanwhile, the atmosphere over the country is drying out.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW WEDNESDAY 06 OCTOBER 2021.
Cloudy and cool conditions with patchy morning drizzle in the morning are expected in the southern parts of Manicaland, Masvingo and Matabeleland South (namely Beitbridge, Chiredzi, Mwenezi and Chipinge Districts). It is anticipated to become partly cloudy and warmer as the day progresses.
The rest of the country should be mostly sunny with temperatures in the hot category by afternoon, | though mild both morning and evening.
- Risk of respiratory-related ailments such as asthma, hay fever, colds and flu due to the temperature fluctuation.
- While land preparations are very vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded that it is illegal to start veldt fires.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- For expert advice on preventative and redemptive measures for colds and flu, please consult your local health practitioner.
- Put out any fires found in open veldts and along road-sides. Do not leave any fire unattended.
FORECAST OF TODAY’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Brief cloudy, hazy and mild (Temperatures – 20/35)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny, hazy and warm (Temperatures – 22/37)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 17/32)
- Nyanga: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 14/26)
- Vumba: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 14/28)
- Matopos: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 17/30)
- Chimanimani: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 15/35)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR THURSDAY 07 OCTOBER 2021
Partly cloudy conditions are expected over southern parts of Matabeleland South Province, Masvingo and south of Manicaland Province. The rest of the country will be mostly fine. Warm to hot during the day, cool at night.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH the Department of Civil Protection.