ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 04 OCTOBER 2021 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 06 OCTOBER 2021.
Scattered thunderstorms and rain occurred in several places across the country yesterday.
Some of the highest rainfalls were measured in some places such as Masvingo (28mm), Bulawayo Goetz (16mm), Nkayi (14mm), Matopos (10mm), Chinhoyi (6mm).
This morning all areas were mostly cloudy with patchy morning rain.
Meanwhile, the cloudy system which was affecting the country is slowly moving out.
FORECAST FOR TUESDAY 05 OCTOBER 2021
A cool and moist easterly airflow is expected in some places of Matabeleland South, Masvingo and Manicaland provinces.
The remaining parts of the country should be partly cloudy with isolated showers in the afternoon.
- Risk of respiratory-related ailments such as asthma, hay fever, colds and flu due to the temperature fluctuation.
- While land preparations are very vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded that it is illegal to start veldt fires.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keeping warm is important for everyone to avoid catching a cold.
- Ensure the young and the elderly are adequately dressed, especially early morning and late evening
- For expert advice on preventative and redemptive measures for colds and flu, please consult your local health practitioner
- Put out any fires found in open veldts and along road-sides. Do not leave any fire unattended.
FORECAST OF TODAY’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Brief cloudy, hazy and mild (Temperatures – 17/35)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny, hazy and warm (Temperatures – 23/30)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 15/29)
- Nyanga: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 14/26)
- Vumba: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 14/26)
- Matopos: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 15/26)
- Chimanimani: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 14/24)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY 06 OCTOBER 2021
Partly cloudy conditions are expected over southern parts of Matabeleland South Province and South of Manicaland Province. The rest of the country will be mostly fine. Warm to hot during the day, cool at night.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH the Department of Civil Protection.