ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 27 SEPTEMBER 2021 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 29 SEPTEMBER 2021.
It was mild this morning in all Mashonaland Provinces, Harare Metropolitan Province and the northern parts of Midlands (Goka’e North and South Districts) and northern areas of Matabeleland North (Hwange and Bingo Districts) as moisture drifted into the country from the north-east. This led to scattered clouds over all these areas including Manicaland Province by noon. The rest of the country was sunny, hot and hazy for much of the day, though cool at first.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW’ TUESDAY 28 SEPTEMBER 2021.
Scattered clouds and warm daytime conditions are expected in the northern parts of Manicaland, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces. All other areas (namely Matabeleland North, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South, Midlands and Masvingo Provinces) should be mostly sunny and hazy; hot by day, though cool both morning and evening.
• Fire Danger Rating is significant. Small fires have the potential to cause uncontrollable veldt fires during this period.
• While land preparations are very vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded that it is illegal to start veldt fires.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• All farmers (urban and rural) are urged to reduce the amount of grass on their farms and residential properties through hay baling, thatch, and broom grass harvesting as a fire prevention measure.
• The public is advised to constructing fireguards that are maintained free from combustible matter and are at least 9 (nine) meters wide to safeguard against their properties from spreading wildfires
• Put out any fires found in open veldts and along road-sides. Do not leave any fire unattended.
• Constantly follow the weather updates on the official platform in the footer of this page. Be Weather-Ready and Always Prepared.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES (°C)
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS TEMPERATURES
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Mostly sunny and warm||15||36|
|KARIBA:||Mostly sunny and warm||22||40|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Mostly sunny and warm||12||34|
|NYANGA:||Mostly sunny and warm||10||26|
|VUMBA:||Mostly sunny and warm||14||30|
|MATOPOS:||Mostly sunny and warm||08||33|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Mostly sunny and warm||14||29|
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST WEDNESDAY 29 SEPTEMBER 2021
Mostly clear skies are expected countrywide. It should be cool at first becoming hot by afternoon with hazy conditions in most areas (notable over Hwange and Zvishavane). Wind gusts are anticipated toward evening, more so over Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces.