ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 20 SEPTEMBER 2021 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 22 SEPTEMBER 2021.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
Clear skies prevailed over the country today. It was cool in the morning and became hot by afternoon with a predominantly north-easterly airflow. Meanwhile, pressure is slowly rising over the south coast of Southern Africa.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW TUESDAY 21 SEPTEMBER 2021.
It should be cool at first, becoming warm by afternoon with sunny and hazy conditions over the entire country.
However, towards evening a cool southeasterly breeze is expected. This ought to be more felt over provinces such as Masvingo, Manicaland and Matabeleland South.
- Fire Danger Rating is significant, and small fires have the potential to cause uncontrollable veld fires during this period.
- Windy and dry conditions exacerbate the spread of veldt fires
- The air-pollutant level is high at this time of the year; as such people with respiratory challenges/predispositions such as asthma, hay fever, and other allergies may be affected.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- All farmers (urban and rural) are urged to reduce the amount of grass on their farms and residential properties through hay baling, thatch, and broom grass harvesting as a fire prevention measure.
- While land preparations are very vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded that it is illegal to start veld fires.
- The public is urged to safeguard against the spreading of wildfires by constructing fireguards that are maintained free from combustible matter and are at least 9 (nine) meters wide.
- Antihistamines, respirators, or inhalers should be on standby for those prone to respiratory illnesses.
- School children are urged to wear a mask, always maintain social distance at school and play.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Brief cloudy, hazy and mild (Temperatures – 12/35)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny, hazy and warm (Temperatures – 14/33)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 10/31)
- Nyanga: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 05/23)
- Vumba: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 10/30)
- Matopos: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 08/35)
- Chimanimani: Mostly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 09/26)
WEATHER FORECAST WEDNESDAY 22 SEPTEMBER 2021
Matabeleland South, southern areas of the Midlands, Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces. Cloudy, windy and cool conditions are expected, with light drizzle in places.
Southern parts of Mashonaland East, Harare and Bulawayo Metropolitan Provinces: it should be cool in the morning, becoming warm by afternoon with scattered clouds developing.
Matabeleland North, northern districts of the Midlands, Mashonaland West, Mashonaland
Central and northern areas of Mashonaland East: Sunny, hazy and hot daytime conditions are anticipated, becoming cool towards evening.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH Department of Civil Protection