Statement by the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange (ZSE) on the addition of Odd Lot Board on ZSE Direct
With the aim of increasing financial inclusion in the capital markets, the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange (“ZSE”) has, over the past few months, made strides that have enabled even the first time investor to experience the full investment process of having their own stockbroking account and their own Central Securities Depository (CSD) account.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
In July 2021 the ZSE introduced a new feature, ZSE Direct Instant, making it easier and much faster for investors to access proceeds from the disposal of their securities on the market.
As we celebrate the first anniversary of ZSE Direct, we are excited to announce that with effect from 8 September 2021, the Odd Lot Board will now be available on ZSE Direct.
The addition of the Odd Lot Board on ZSE Direct, means that all ZSE Direct clients can now place bids or offers for volumes from 1 up to 99.
The conditions to take note of when trading on the Odd Lot Board include;
- The permissible trading quantity is from 1 to 99. Volumes of 100 and multiples thereof have to be put on the Regular Board;
- The minimum buy amount remains ZWL$500 but there is no minimum value on the sell side:
- The transaction charges remain the same;
- The reference price for the Odd Lot Board will be the price set in the Regular Board;
- The sell proceeds on Odd lot orders will be credited to clients’ wallets on the same day after a successful matched and confirmed sell order.
Continuous support and feedback from stakeholders has aided us to continue exploring initiatives that promote retail participation and increase Financial Inclusion.