President Emmerson Mnangagwa has appointed permanent secretaries for the Ministry of Women Affairs, Community, Small and Medium Enterprises Development, and District Development Fund.
Moses Mhike and Christopher Shumba were appointed Permanent Secretaries for the two ministries respectively. Pindula News presents below the statement issued by the Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet, Misheck Sibanda announcing the appointments.
PRESS STATEMENT BY THE CHIEF SECRETARY TO THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT AND CABINET ON THE APPOINTMENT OF PERMANENT SECRETARIES
1. The Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet is pleased to announce that His Excellency the President has, in terms of Section 205  of the Constitution of Zimbabwe, appointed Mr. Moses Mhike as the Permanent Secretary for Women Affairs, Community, Small and Medium Enterprises Development and Mr. Christopher Shurnba as the Permanent Secretary for the District Development Fund.
2. Mr. Moses Mhike is a human capital development and management specialist who holds under-graduate and postgraduate qualifications in public administration and management. His career started in the private sector and he joined Government in 1997 in change management and, organisation and development. He moved to the Public Service Commission as Deputy Manager responsible for designing the structures of Government ministries, and rose through the ranks to General Manager for the Corporate Strategy and Salaries Administration Agency, and subsequently became Head of Human Capital Development and Management responsible for government structures and processes; service-wide disciplinary and administrative procedures; as well as developing key regulatory policy instruments for the Public Service.
3. Mr. Mhike also served as the Government Team Leader on the National Joint Negotiating Council that negotiates salaries and conditions of service for the Public Service.
4. Mr. Mhike leaves his current post as the Head of Human Capital Development and Management in the Public Service Commission to join the Ministry to champion the effective integration of gender into policy planning, programme design and implementation; and to deepen and expand the economic empowerment of women in the context of community, small and medium enterprise development at all levels and across all sectors of the economy.
5. Mr. Christopher Shumba is a senior public administrator who holds undergraduate and post-graduate qualifications in education, development planning and administration. Mr. Shumba has 39 years’ experience in education, local government administration and development co-ordination at local, district, provincial and national levels. He rose through the ranks from being a classroom teacher, a headmaster, district administrator, provincial administrator, and Principal [now Chief] Director in different line ministries.
6. Mr. Shumba leaves his current post as the Chief Director for urban and rural local authorities in Zimbabwe to join the District Development Fund, with pointed responsibility to facilitate rapid, equitable, inclusive and sustainable transformation of rural communities and economies through targeted infrastructure development planning and management.
7. The appointments of Mr. Moses Mhike and Mr. Christopher Shumba as Permanent Secretaries are with effect from 1″ September, 2021,
Sri M.J.M. Sibanda
CHIEF SECRETARY TO THE PRESIDENT AND CABINET
More: Pindula News